There are 2 kinds of people in this world: Those that love Salmon. And those that don’t. That’s probably true of most things, but I couldn’t come up with a better opening line. So, there you go!
I happen to be the former and so is little V. I hereby declare my eternal love for Salmon. R, on the other hand, doesn’t quite get what the fuss is all about! But we [V and I] find a way to work around it. We just make him eat it. 😉 And he does.
We especially love the crisp skin of the Salmon. The skin absorbs a bit more salt than the rest of the fish and that makes it even more desirable. When there’s Salmon on the dinner table, all else doesn’t quite matter, does it? 🙂
I have made this countless number of times for V and it’s quick and easy to make. If you are a Salmon lover like me, I won’t need to sell the recipe to you because you will probably love it anyway 🙂
In it’s simplest form, all you need is some crushed garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil marinade with the salmon. Pan fry (with minimal oil) and you are done. In this version, I added a slight variant – fresh coriander leaves or cilantro. If you have a particular dislike for coriander, feel free to omit the coriander leaves.
We usually have this Crispy Salmon for dinner on a weeknight when I don’t want to spend too much time cooking. This goes well with a simple vegetable pasta or just plain rice and stir fried vegetables.
To print the recipe, click here.
Crispy Salmon with garlic coriander sauce
Total time taken: Under 30 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 7-8 minutes
Salmon fillet with skin on (about 250 gms)
Garlic cloves: 1-2 (adjust to taste)
Fresh coriander leaves – a bunch. Discard the roots.
Black pepper powder: a tiny pinch
Juice of ¼ of a lemon
Zest of ½ a lemon
Olive oil: 1 tbsp
Sea salt: to taste
How I did it:
1. Squeeze the lemon juice and zest on the salmon fillet. Sprinkle sea salt to taste. Put a little less than required as we will also season the sauce.
2. Prepare a quick blend of the garlic, coriander leaves including stalk but not the roots, a tsp of olive oil and sea salt.
3. Rub the prepared coriander, garlic sauce (the marinade) on the salmon. Sprinkle a dash of black pepper powder. Let the Salmon marinate for about 15 minutes.
4. Heat a pan. Add the remaining olive oil (2 tsp). Make sure the the oil is hot before placing the salmon fillet in it. This step is important to prevent the fish from breaking and disintegrating.
5. Place the salmon fillet, skin down first. Reduce flame to lowest. Cover and let it cook for 5 minutes.
6. After 5 minutes, turn the salmon for another minute. Do not cook on this side for long as the salmon will start to overcook.
7. Serve w lemon wedges.
5 thoughts on “Crispy Salmon with Garlic Coriander sauce”
This looks and sounds delicious )
Thank you 🙂
I probably belong to the later category. I sometimes like salmon in few preparations and sometimes I just avoid it. I love the sound of crispy, garlic & coriander together.Thinking of giving salmon another shot with your recipe this weekend.
Thanks for the support always. Your comments always cheer me up. Hope you and V are doing great. Take care.
If you end up making it, I’d love to know how it turned out. I am sure you’ll add your own twist to it and make it even better 🙂 I truly find it so inspiring to see the amount of effort you put into creating a recipe.
I LOVE salmon and this sounds wonderful! I’ve been away for a while over the summer but now that my son has started school, I’m making my way back to blogging again and what better way to start than to visit you! 😀 You seem to have some of my favourite dishes and coupled with your beautiful photography, it is a wonderful treat to be here! Many hugs to you! Sharon